NPQ for Leading Primary Maths (NPQLPM)
Who is the NPQLPM for?
Teachers who have, or are aspiring to have, responsibilities for leading maths across a primary key stage or school, or those who want to build leadership skills in this area.
How will I benefit?
- You will gain an understanding of the core principles behind supporting pupils to understand concepts, gain a secure number sense and build a positive attitude towards maths.
- Get practical tools and guidance to lead your school's approach to maths and collaborate with leaders in similar roles.
- Work with serving school leaders and subject-matter experts to turn new learning into changes in your own and others' practice.
- Access a blended learning programme that's full of practical and tangible examples, and is flexible and tailored to your needs and areas of development and focus.
What will I learn?
You will develop the knowledge, skills and expertise that underpin the effective leadership of maths.
*School Culture *How pupils learn
*Subject and Curriculum *Classroom Practice
*Adaptive teaching *Assessment
Over 12 months, you'll take part in the following learning activities before completing your summative assessment:
Prospective applicants should have a secure understanding of the features of mastery pedagogy and the underpinning mathematics specialist knowledge.
This could be evidenced by:
- Engagement with the local Maths Hub or other maths mastery CPD provider
- Demonstrating how the features of mastery that you use in your teaching have impacted on students' learning.
- Demonstrating how you have developed your specialist knowledge for teaching mathematics, though professional development or use of reading materials.
Please contact the Teaching School Hub for further information if required.