Appropriate Body Services
We are committed to providing all schools and their Early Career Teachers (ECTs) a highly-skilled and efficient service led by a team with years of experience of operating as an Appropriate Body.
Our offer will include:
- Independent quality assurance of ECT’s right to highly structured induction programme
- A dedicated named person for ECTs and Induction Tutors to contact when needed.
- Expert advice and training for Headteachers and ECF Induction Tutors.
- Fair and consistent assessment of ECTs against the Teachers’ Standards.
- Monitoring of progress reviews and formal assessments through ECT Manager (formally NQT Manager) that reduces the workload for Induction Tutors / Headteachers
- Quality Assurance visits to a minimum of 10% of all schools
- Support for any ECTs moving to a new school or AB, or requesting a change in the length of induction
- Registration of, and reporting on, ECTs to the Teacher Regulation Agency (TRA)
To fulfil their obligation to provide an early career induction programme for ECTs, based on the Early Career Framework (ECF), schools have three options:
Full Induction Programme: a fully funded provider-led programme, offering high quality training for ECTs and their mentors, alongside professional development materials. (LeLTSH will be offering this in partnership with Teach First).
Core Induction Programme: schools can draw on high quality professional development materials, accredited by the DfE, to deliver their own ECT and mentor support.
School-based Programme: schools can design and deliver their own induction programme but this must be based on the ECF.
Pricing for Appropriate Body services reflects the differing levels of fidelity checks required by the DfE, depending on the option selected for ECF. (Please ask for a breakdown of the costings if required)
Full Induction programme
*£210 per ECT for 2 years
*If school also opt for the full ECF programme with LELTSH/Teach First this will be reduced to £189
Core Induction Programme
£210 per ECT for 2 years PLUS £875 per school
School Based Programme
£210 per ECT for 2 years PLUS £1400 per school
To register your interest in working with us as an Appropriate Body, please email [email protected] and we will send you a link to the ECT Manager system.