Effective Governance (Governor Training)
This workshop is suitable for those:
- New to the role, as an introduction to governance
- Experienced in governance who want to develop their understanding and practice further
- Involved in governance in schools (maintained or academies) or at academy trust level
High quality effective and ethical governance is key to success in our school system. The purpose of governance is to provide confident and strong strategic leadership which leads to robust accountability, oversight and assurance for educational and financial performance. This workshop will explore what we mean by effective governance and consider what you can do to achieve it.
This workshop aims to develop understanding of:
- The top 10 characteristics of effective governance
- The duties and accountabilities of governance
- Practical measures to support effective governance
This workshop is facilitated by Cathy Brown who is Director of Governance at The Mead Educational Trust. Cathy has over 20 years’ experience as a school governor and chair of governors in both maintained schools and academies, at primary and secondary levels. She also has experience as a trustee in a multi-academy trust. She supports chairs of governors as a National Leader of Governance and is an experienced trainer for governors and clerks.
This event will take place 13/10/2021 at 5:45PM until 7:30PM
Available From: 25/08/2021
Available To: 13/10/2021
Seats Left: 20
Venue: Online via Zoom